CreativeSparX - Coronavirus Action Plan
Dear Parents and Customers,
This is a general statement from CreativeSparX to inform everyone about the measures we have implemented in light of the health concerns linked to the Coronavirus, commonly referred to as COVID-19.
Although the outbreak of the Coronavirus on an international scale has prompted the Australian Government to implement a Coronavirus Emergency Response Plan, our setup at CreativeSparX is a relatively low-risk environment compared to most other larger Play Centres that attract bigger crowds and utilise shared play equipment such as ‘ball-pits’, ‘bouncing castles’ and play structure etc. Furthermore, the State Government’s position at this stage is that “People should go about their business as usual…” This being the case we will be continuing to adopt a ‘Business as usual approach’ for the time being. We are taking this matter very seriously and will be re-assessing our position daily, and will keep you all informed of any changes via our website, facebook, Instagram, direct e-mail and notices onsite.
As everyone who has been to CreativeSparX would already know, we take great pride in maintaining an exceptionally clean, neat and tidy, and safe environment for our customers (especially the little ones), at all times as a matter of course. However, we understand and share your concerns and will do everything we can to support our community in this difficult time. We will continue to provide a safe, healthy and positive environment for your kids and you; and our staff, and have implemented the following changes to our regular program and cleaning regimes etc. to continue to operate through the next few weeks including the school holidays.
1. All tables, chairs, any equipment used and frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after every activity session and after every party, and the floors mopped with disinfectant floor cleaner.
2. Other surfaces such as the Reception counter, geodome and toilets are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
3. Kids are encouraged to make use of our washing facilities to wash their hands with soap regularly and or use the hand sanitisers provided
4. Simple signs to help and teach kids to wash their hands for 20 seconds and reinforcing good hygiene by talking to them about it wherever possible.
5. Activity stations for General Entry customers are setup as separate smaller clusters of tables and chairs with at least a 1m of separation between them, so each family or group of kids will be able to sit and enjoy their activities without having to share their space with other groups for the time being – We encourage patrons to book ahead for general entry sessions so we can manage the seating arrangements accordingly. Bookings can be made via phone, e-mail or through the ‘Contact Us’ page of our website.
6. We will still accommodate walk-in customers (without bookings), but would appreciate your patience if you end up having to wait a few minutes until we clear up, clean and disinfect an activity station for you, if one isn’t readily available at the time you walk in.
7. We will be introducing special group booking time slots for mothers’ groups, playgroups and play-dates etc where if minimum numbers are met, your group will be the only group in the centre – Terms & Conditions apply. This will further ensure that you will feel comfortable and safe with only known persons/families around you.
8. Kids aprons, lab coats and safety goggles are washed and/or disinfected after each use – Please note that we may (temporarily) refrain from providing aprons, lab coats or safety goggles for ‘less messy’ activities.
9. With any new party bookings we receive, we will endeavour to schedule them in so as to minimise having to share the space with any other parties etc., running at the same time until things are under control.
10. The Lego station and other small toys will be removed temporarily as we cannot ensure frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all the tiny components.
11. We will offer free WiFi facilities onsite to parents / carers who are ‘working from home’ whilst caring for their kids during school holidays and/or due to school closures – Terms and Conditions will apply and we trust that everyone will make use of this facility in a responsible manner.
12. All our staff will act responsibly and we will ensure that any staff members who feel they may have been exposed or are displaying any flu-like symptoms will refrain from coming in to work until they receive an ‘all clear’ from their GP.
13. We request our patrons to practice their own personal hygiene processes and show the same duty of care when attending CreativeSparX or any other public places, in line with the general advice and guidelines issued by the government and medical practitioners.
14. We humbly and kindly ask that anyone displaying or experiencing flu like symptoms refrain from entering CreativeSparX or any public places until they receive the ‘all clear’ from their GP.
15. Although we have many grandparents bringing in their grand kids to the centre regularly, we share concerns over the safety and risk imposed to them. Hence, we would advise the elderly to avoid public places wherever possible. However, in the instance where this cannot be avoided, we kindly request other patrons to act with caution around any vulnerable persons as grandparents, and in general persons over the age of 65 years are at greater risk with this infection. Out of concern for our mature aged community members, we ask all parents to exercise caution and observe social distancing guidelines when in contact with older community members in the centre, out of respect for their health and welfare.
We understand that no preventative measures can guarantee 100% immunity from this virus, but we will do our very best to provide a safe an environment as possible for you and your little ones.
Lastly, we would like to say that we will endeavour to stay open and continue to maintain our high quality of service to provide some entertainment for your kids for a long as we can at a time when options may be limited. We are a relatively new family owned small business, and as with other small businesses, the financial impact of these uncertain times are hurting us badly, as we still incur costs such as rent etc., We know we are one of many in the community feeling the same pressure. We fully understand your reasons to stay away from public places as much as you can and postpone or cancel parties etc., but in a situation where there is no quick fix and it could take months to settle, we hope you will continue to support us whenever you can and more importantly feel safe to do so. However, the health and safety of our patrons, our staff and the wider community is our number one priority so we will comply with any and all Government directives and public safety advice at all times and may need to close our doors temporarily should the need arise. In such a scenario, we will contact everyone who have existing party bookings and will discuss options to arrive at a solution that works for everyone.
We look forward to your continued support and hopefully a quick end to the uncertain times ahead. We are always stronger as a community so hopefully together we can see this through.
Thank you and warm regards,
Any questions or concerns please contact us on: 03
9560 1892 | 0448 716 412 | firstname.lastname@example.org